One Piece fans are used to hearing “how long is that anime?” followed by “is it really worth it?” Honestly, their hesitation is quite justifiable because who wants to watch so many episodes of one show? That’s a huge commitment and many aren’t fond of seeing one series for that long period. Therefore, this article is important for you to know exactly what you are signing up for! So, how many episodes of One Piece are there exactly, you might ask? The answer is way too many!
There have been 20 seasons of One Piece, totalling 998 episodes. Besides the 13 TV specials and 14 movies, there are also 4 OVAs. It would take you 23,952 minutes, or a little over 399 hours, to go through all of One Piece. Adding additional film viewing time would add another 20 hours or around 1,213 minutes. Eiichiro Oda, the show’s creator, has said the One Piece animation would continue for another four to five years. That’s great news since it means there will be a flood of brand-new episodes in the near future.
When did episodes of One Piece start airing?
The manga by Eiichiro Oda, from which the anime One Piece is adapted, first appeared in 1997. Toei Animation’s anime adaptation of the series debuted in 1999. They’ve both been going strong ever since, which is a testament to Oda’s amazing work ethic if nothing else. This also implies that fresh episodes will continue to drop every week. The new episodes of the One Piece anime are broadcast in Japan on Sunday mornings, which is Saturday night in the United States. You need to know all this since the anime has been airing almost weekly episodes for the last 23 years.
What is the central plot of One Piece?
Monkey D. Luffy wants to rule the high seas as pirate king. Along the way, Luffy meets a wide variety of interesting people, including the skilled swordsman Roronoa Zolo, the greedy thief Nami, the brilliant liar Usopp, the inventive inventor Sanji, the medical genius deer Chopper, the former leader of Baroque Works Robin, and the warrior chef and expert cook Sanji. They all go on the Grand Line and set sail towards undiscovered seas, hoping to locate the One Piece treasure.
How long would it take you to watch all One Piece episodes?
Presently, One Piece has aired for 20 seasons, 998 episodes, 4 OVAs, 13 TV specials, and 14 movies. How long would it be before we’ve seen everything?
To watch every episode of One Piece would take around 441 hours, or a total of 441 minutes, or 26.446 minutes. That’s 998 episodes plus 14 features, 13 TV specials, and 4 original video animations.
Will we see more One Piece episodes?
The author of the manga and anime, Eiichiro Oda, has confirmed that further episodes of the One Piece anime will be produced. It’s safe to say that the One Piece franchise has at least four to five more years to go.
Is watching One Piece worth it?
Yes, every bit of the action-based anime is worth it! The best thing? One Piece never stops giving better storylines. There is a deliberate and consistent expansion of the tale, characters, conflicts, and legacy throughout the span of those more than a thousand episodes.
That alone makes it, in my limited opinion, one of the most interesting literary experiments ever conducted.
In addition, the conclusion of the manga’s main story arc is imminent. In my opinion, this is a great moment to begin since the fanbase is about to enter a several-year period in which it will be unusually vocal and energetic.
What are the best One Piece episodes?
Since One Piece is a huge series it has 50 best episodes. Here is the list of One Piece best episodes:
- A Decisive Battle in Midair – Zoro’s New Special Secret Technique Blasts!
- Ace Freed! Whitebeard’s Final Captain’s Order!
- The Sea Is For Pirates! Raid! To Onigashima
- Reunion of the Powerful! His Name is Fire Fist Ace
- Gear 4! The Phenomenal Boundman!
- Finally Clashing – The Ferocious Luffy vs. Kaido
- All for the Sake of Protecting My Friends! Gear 2 in Motion!
- The Parting Time – Pudding’s Last Wish
- Attack on a Celestial – Luffy’s King Kong Gun of Anger
- Crossing Swords! Roger and Whitebeard!
- Raid! Inheriting Oden’s Will
- Big News! An Incident That Will Affect the Seven Warlords
- The Pirate King is Born – Arriving at the Last Island!
- My Crewmate’s Pain is My Pain, Zoro Fights Prepared to Die
- Straw Hat Luffy – The Man Who Will Become the Pirate King
- The Search of the Approaching Marines! The Second Person Who Was Captured!
- The Conclusion! Luffy’s Accelerating Fist of the Supreme King
- The Power that Burns Even Fire – Akainu’s Ruthless Pursuit
- Everyone Escapes! The Path to Victory is for the Pirates
If you’re looking for an exciting and fulfilling anime series, go no further than One Piece. It has shown moreover a thousand episodes so far, and more are being added every week. We may find fans of anime and manga series all over the globe. Check out the show for yourself if you want to join the fanbase.